Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
feanor387  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 2:39:38 PM(UTC)
feanor387

Groups: Registered

Every summer my side by side used to start making a rattling noise from the fan in the freezer. I could stick a blow dryer in the bottom and in 10 minutes it would stop the noise. That would last for a couple of weeks. This year things went fine then suddenly it stopped cooling period no noise nothing. The outside fan and inside fans run fine. The lights come on everything works, no compressor is running. I have replaced the defrost thermostat as it was quick and easy. My question is where to proceed to next. There were no loud noises or smells coming from the compressor. I was thinking of checking the sensors in the control box any thoughts on this. The ADC board has also been replaced? Some more info, I plugged the unit in sat by the compressor and listened. I can hear a click at the compressor it hums, it last about 60 seconds then stops. The compressor doesn't heat up and there are no smells from it or no noises, just the click. What kind of test can I run on the compressor. All input is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Troy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.