Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gurnek  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:46:37 PM(UTC)
Gurnek

Groups: Registered

My GE profile 23 refrigerator started intermittently dropping in temperature below the electronic control settings IE fridge set at 38 freezer set at 0 the fridge would go to below 32 and the freezer to below 0. If you shut it off and reset the controls it would run fine again. It did this a few times over the last 6 months. ( may not be relevant current problem) Now the compressor is running constantly and the fridge and freezer will not hold temperature ( fridge at 48 and climbing set at 38 and freezer at 20 set at 6 ) I cleaned the condenser and found the condenser fan turned slow with no real air flow and the compressor appeared very hot. (Is there a Normal temperature range for a compressor?) I used a small external fan to circulate air though the condenser the temp in the Fridge dropped to normal temperature and the compressor now cycled On/off normally. So I assumed the compressor and refrigerant are fine and that the condenser fan motor was bad and replaced it. Wrong!! the new motor turned slow with no real air flow same as the old one. By the basic wiring schematic the Condenser fan is controlled by the main board I am assuming that it is variable speed controlled because there are four leads to a 12v Dc motor. Because the fridge operates fine with an extern condenser fan I believe I have an electronic control problem. Without any detailed schematics or diagnostic test procedures I cannot be sure if the problem is in the Main Board, Temperature control Board or external input to the main Control board. I am looking for any pointer, detailed schematics, diagnostic test procedures to help me diagnose this problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.