Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
acap  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:09:04 PM(UTC)
acap

Groups: Registered

[FONT='Comic Sans MS']I have a GE side by side refrigerator. The defroster coils are frozen over. I have defrosted the ice from the defroster coils. This model serial # csx24grxaww How do I test to see if things are working properly? Ok manually I turned the defrost timer till the compressor turned off and the defrost heater didn't come on so I replaced the defrost heater. Everything seemed to work fine except that there doesn't seem to be much air circulating in the refrig side. The freezer is getting cold, so the compressor is working. The evaporator fan is running but not much circulating to the refrig. Does the fan have 2 speeds? The air ports are open so now what's wrong?[/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2011 5:07:14 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Measure the freezer temperature and post. Should be below zero.
acap  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 8:26:09 AM(UTC)
acap

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Measure the freezer temperature and post. Should be below zero.

Yes it below 32 degrees in the freezer because the ice maker is freezing water and food items staying frozen.

about 38 degrees in the refrig.

It seems like the evaporator fan is either blowing the wrong way or possibably at a slower speed. But it seems to be at the same speed as before. Is there 2 speeds to the fan?

The only thing I did electrical is: 1. turn the defrost timer till the compressor turned off, then 2. unplugged the refrig and removed the old defrost heater and plug in the new one. I then put the freezer back together and plugged it in. Lots of air blowing in the freezer side very little in the refrigerator side.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 11:29:52 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Make sure there is no ice blocking the air returns in the freezer and refrigerator behind the crisper drawer.
Also, it takes time for temperatures to stabilize, so take temperature readings again, might be ok.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply