Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MattH  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 7:54:40 PM(UTC)
MattH

Groups: Registered

I had to turn off the water to my house to repair a sink faucet for about two hours. I forgot to shut off the supply to my ice maker (bad idea).
Anyway, it stopped working, so I grabbed my wife's hair dryer dan went to work defrosting it. Voila, ice cubes fell out into the bucket and all was well. The unit re-filled and all was well.
Wrong. The next morning there were still only 8 cubes in the bucket so I defrosted again. Out fell the cubes, the unit re-filled and all was well. Wrong again.
This time I defrosted with the blow-dryer but only concentrated the air-flow on the contol unit (after removing the cover to see what was happening). About 30 seconds into blowing on it from the rear, the dial began to spin and it went through the entire cycle. Again.
Two hours later I checked and it was stuck where it has been sticking the previous three times...there were cubes in the trough, but it couldn't seem to figure-out that it needed to eject them. Once again, blow dry the control unit, the dial spins and out pops the cubes.
Any ideas? I'm thinking thermostat, but could be a tooth on the cam as the dial makes a "click" when it stops at the last phase before the "freezing" stage of the process...
Any help would be appreciated, and, as opposed to replacing the tranny and clutch on my washing machine (that was fun-yeah, right), I think I can handle most repairs on this little guy.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.