Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
klhakes  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:35:32 AM(UTC)
klhakes

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool GC5SHEXNB00 fridge. The wall between compartments very hot to touch. Cleaned coils. Didn't help. Compressor fan wasn't working so I replaced it. New one only works intermittently if at all and does not keep compressor cool. The wall between compartments still too hot. If I place an external fan to blow through coils the wall cools. So it appears that the fan isn't getting the signal to come on. Is it supposed to run constantly or is it on a thermostat or something? Is it the relay control board? Where do I find it on this model?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 5:30:51 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: klhakes Go to Quoted Post
I have a Whirlpool GC5SHEXNB00 fridge. The wall between compartments very hot to touch. Cleaned coils. Didn't help. Compressor fan wasn't working so I replaced it. New one only works intermittently if at all and does not keep compressor cool. The wall between compartments still too hot. If I place an external fan to blow through coils the wall cools. So it appears that the fan isn't getting the signal to come on. Is it supposed to run constantly or is it on a thermostat or something? Is it the relay control board? Where do I find it on this model?

KL,

You're on the right track,
As long as the compressor is running, the condenser fan motor should run as well.

Part number: AP4318657
Part number: AP4318657

The best way to test the motor vs the control board, is to remove the white/red and white wires from the fan motor connection and verify that you have a constant 120 VAC across the two (2) wires, when the compressor is running. Constant voltage would indicate a bad fan motor, intermittent or low voltage would indicate a loose connection or bad control board,

Part number: AP4411082
Part number: AP4411082

Your control board is located inside the compressor compartment on the left side, and is inside the plastic box mounted to the frame.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply