Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wazocrowbar  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 10:42:23 AM(UTC)
wazocrowbar

Groups: Registered

Hi Gene,
I have a GE GSS22JETACC,
I need some info on Thermistor resistance. I was checking the Evap thermistor, the freezer temp was reading +5 degrees F, the resistance was reading 4.5k. From the info I've read this is low for this temp, should be somewhere around 36k, the freezer section thermistor checked at 34.4k. Could this Evap coil thermistor need changing? I would assume that the Evap coil should read at least the same or higher resistance than the freezer
I'm having defrost problems. The Evap fan had gone bad a couple months ago, I replaced the fan, got a new defrost heater and replaced it as well, checked the defrost overtemp and it seemed fine(closed). I can jumper the defrost circuit at the plug and it will defrost the coil. It seemed to be working fine until a couple weeks ago, frig side started to get warm, pulled the panel and coil was iced up. I decided to replace the motherboard a couple days ago. I have yet to hear it defrost, no ice build up in the drain area, where there was always a small amount of ice that didn't drain. The only thing I had not checked until last night was the Evap Thermistor.

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...nt-13.html#ixzz1Q21hU44v
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.