Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
acap  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:08:55 AM(UTC)
acap

Groups: Registered

[FONT='Comic Sans MS']I have a GE side by side refrigerator. The defroster coils are frozen over. I have defrosted the ice from the defroster coils. This model serial # csx24grxaww doesn’t have a defrost heater rather, “Warm liquid from the refrigerator's condenser is automatically circulated around the front edge of the freezer compartment to help keep moisture from forming on the outside of the refrigerator”. How do I test to see if this is working properly?[/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:11:23 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
From the diagram, you have a defrost heater/thermostat combo in the freezer coils AP2071465
Turn the defrost timer AP2061695, located behind the control panel, till the compressor stops. If no defrost action, replace the heater, if defrost action, replace the defrost timer.
acap  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:28:32 AM(UTC)
acap

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
From the diagram, you have a defrost heater/thermostat combo in the freezer coils AP2071465
Turn the defrost timer AP2061695, located behind the control panel, till the compressor stops. If no defrost action, replace the heater, if defrost action, replace the defrost timer.

Thanks. I don't know why the owners manual was unclear on this because when I removed the freezer panel it sure looked like a heater/ thermostat combo to me too. This was the first time in 15 years that the refrig has not defrosted and I have already thawed the coils and put the freezer back together again. So if it frosts back over again I'll perform your repair advise.

Thanks again.
acap  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:17:41 PM(UTC)
acap

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post

Ok manually I turned the defrost timer till the compressor turned off and the defrost heater didn't come on so I replaced the defrost heater. Everything seemed to work fine except that there doesn't seem to be much air circulating in the refrig side. The freezer is getting cold, so the compressor is working. The evaporator fan is running but not much circulating to the refrig. Does the fan have 2 speeds? The air ports are open so now what's wrong?
richappy  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2011 1:05:49 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Wait several hours, it takes a long time for the fridg to chill down.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply