Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chadjacq  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:35:50 AM(UTC)
chadjacq

Groups: Registered

I want to convert my refrigerator in my garage into a three tap kegerator. This is a whole fridge refrigerator - no freezer. Kenmore model 253.60722000, 17 cu. ft. I would prefer to drill through the left side (facing the door). I will be drilling around the 36" to 48" range, centered with the three holes. Does anyone know if there is wiring or coolant lines in this area? Thank you in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:14:26 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chadjacq Go to Quoted Post
I want to convert my refrigerator in my garage into a three tap kegerator. This is a whole fridge refrigerator - no freezer. Kenmore model 253.60722000, 17 cu. ft. I would prefer to drill through the left side (facing the door). I will be drilling around the 36" to 48" range, centered with the three holes. Does anyone know if there is wiring or coolant lines in this area? Thank you in advance.

Chad,

I would look closer at 40 to 42 inches up from the bottom of the fridge.

And stay as close to center as possible. There is usually a post condenser loop running at a 45 dgr angle, approximately 16 inches from the bottom back to the front cabinet opening, so I'm pretty sure you'll miss it .

Good Luck,
:cool: :cool: :cool:
chadjacq  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:25:07 AM(UTC)
chadjacq

Thank you so much!

Why 40" to 42" and not higher? I figure lower puts me in that 45 degree angle range?
Also, do you know of anywhere I can actually get the drawings for this refrigerator that would verify these potential problems?
And, is there any way to look from the back of the fridge and see if the compressor lines are going into the sidewalls and where and at what angle?
I don't mean to be picky, but I really don't want to screw this up!:eek:
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:47:58 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thank you so much!

Why 40" to 42" and not higher? I figure lower puts me in that 45 degree angle range?
Also, do you know of anywhere I can actually get the drawings for this refrigerator that would verify these potential problems?
And, is there any way to look from the back of the fridge and see if the compressor lines are going into the sidewalls and where and at what angle?
I don't mean to be picky, but I really don't want to screw this up!:eek:

The 40 to 42 " was just to keep yopu away from the top of the fresh food compartment and the divider channel between the freezer and fresh food compartments. It should also give you plenty of room for additional hoses, fittings etc.

No, I don't know where you'd get a product specific bill of materials spec. sheet/ blue print for a unit without contacting the manufacturer, I imagine if your convincing enough they may be able to give you a better idea.

Once the condenser loop enters the cabinet, there's not a "real" way of determining the tube location. In the majority of units, the tube is contained in the upper 3/4 of the opening of the fresh food compartment,on both sides.

Your measurements and dimensions will work as well. I gave you the dimensions I would use, were it me.

chadjacq  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:59:57 AM(UTC)
chadjacq

Thank you again. Point of interest maybe, is that this is all refrigerator - no freezer - no divider. Does that make a difference?
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:11:18 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thank you again. Point of interest maybe, is that this is all refrigerator - no freezer - no divider. Does that make a difference?

Chad,

My fault, I forgot what we were dealing with, got a head of myself.

No, it's still not going to make a difference.

chadjacq  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:19:59 PM(UTC)
chadjacq

Joe,

Thanks again. If anyone else has something I'll listen, but this sounds like good solid advice.

I'll be trying this in the next week or so and I'll let you know how it turns out. Hopefully, if everything works, somebody else may find this info. useful. If not, I guess the same applies.:rolleyes:
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:42:36 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe,

Thanks again. If anyone else has something I'll listen, but this sounds like good solid advice.

I'll be trying this in the next week or so and I'll let you know how it turns out. Hopefully, if everything works, somebody else may find this info. useful. If not, I guess the same applies.:rolleyes:

OK,

You'll do fine.

We'll keep an eye out for your update.

Thanks,

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply