Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
un_ave  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 3:28:39 PM(UTC)
un_ave

Groups: Registered

Hey all,
We have a whirlpool gold icemaker that has stopped working. We noticed it stopped making ice when we took out the ice bucket to fill an ice chest. We placed it back in the right place, and no ice was being made. We then replaced the filter and after about 48 hrs...ice started to come out.

Problem happened again...we emptied the ice bucket and again no ice was being made afterwards (almost like it didn't know it was out of ice)? We then replaced the filter again (it was time), but now, no ice is being made.

There is no water being dispensed to the ice tray. The ejection arms are pointed upward, out of the ice tray. I checked the black rubber hose that leads the water into the ice maker and it had a clunk of ice...I used a blow dryer to thaw it out and was able to remove the ice in the tube. But now, more water has been frozen in the water tube that leads to the ice maker tray.

The water dispensing part works just fine, just can't seem to get water to the ice maker module. The LEDs seem to work ok, as they blink when visibility is interfered.

Any ideas and/or suggests are greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.