Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TomEH  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 12:55:36 PM(UTC)
TomEH

Groups: Registered

Has anyone experienced a broken plastic piece on the outside of side-by-side where you place the glass for dispensing water? Ours still works if you press on what remains of the plastic "stub" at the back. However, the clear plastic piece is left dangling from 2 thin wires, which seem to go to small lights on the plastic piece.

Has anyone had any success in repairing? I tried epoxy, which didn't work. I believe the new part (which probably includes the entire unit) costs somewhere around $150. What happens if I just snip the thin wires and use the thing without the plastic piece? THX Tom
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

k2!  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2009 6:48:40 AM(UTC)
k2!

I'd be weary of cutting wires. Even if they are low voltage a slight shock might have you wearing your water.

I've found a product called Plastic Weld at the automotive store that tends to work a lot better than epoxy. It is thicker and sets in about 15 minutes. It is a milky yellow in color so it's not real pretty. I've often used paper clips or portions there of set into the mix for reinforcement of plastic parts. Small holes to anchor the clip in the separated parts helps to mechanically stabilize the pieces prior to gooping them up.
TomEH  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2009 7:12:54 AM(UTC)
TomEH

Thanks, K2!
Tom
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply