Discuss

Air dumper

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

My Kenmore S/S refrigarator has been acting up for couple of days , freezer and ice maker are working fine

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Air dumper

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 09:56 PM

tomasz is on a distinguished road
Default Air dumper
Brand: Kenmore   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

My Kenmore S/S refrigarator has been acting up for couple of days , freezer and ice maker are working fine but the fresh food section is not cold enough ,after further investigation I found that the air dumper stays closed all the time , so I unplugged the fridge from the wall then I plugged it back in , at that point air dumper opened for about 5 seconds then it closed right back even though the fridge was warm . As a temporary measure I unplugged the unit from the wall , then plugged it back in at that moment air dumper started oppening thats when I quickly unplugged air dumper motor cable to prevent it from fully closing .I know that this is not a permanent fix but at least for now it will keep our food cold until I figure out what is giving me a problem .
So my question is :
Is the air dumper faulty?
or Is the control board fried ?
or Is the fridge thermocouple ( thermometer ) faulty and sending wrong signal to air dumper ?
Can anyone help me on this one ?
Thank you

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 06-16-2011, 03:12 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a name known to all

A model number may help others help you.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:17 AM

tomasz is on a distinguished road

Kenmore S/S ,Model #106.56232400 , I live in Canada so this model may have been made just for this country .
Thanks
Old 06-17-2011, 03:19 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a name known to all

I can find the parts at AppliancePartsPros but cannot find a wiring diagram/tech sheet for this unit and that is what is need to troubleshoot it.

Check under the unit behind the kick plate and at the back of the unit inside the cover. This is usually where they store them.

About all I can tell you is that it was made by Whirlpool.

Here is a good link with lots of fridge manuals perhaps you can find it in here.
It will be either a Whirlpool or a KitchenAid perhaps a description of the units will help you find something.
Refrigerator Repair Service Manuals - ApplianceDigest.com - Page 2
You have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a very good site for manuals and other info for the appliance repair DIYer.