Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mkibsum  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2009 11:34:35 AM(UTC)
mkibsum

Groups: Registered

I ordered a new gasket seal from your website. It didn't come with any directions, other than soaking the gasket in warm water. I have looked online for directions on how to change the thing. They keep talking about screws that need to be loosened.....I can't find any screws to loosen. How do I get to them? Are they there? If not, what do I need to do?

ANY VISUALS would be most helpful.....I"m very visual.

Thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 7:15:53 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Go to the forth picture of the break down of your refrigerator on this website. Just click on your model #, and you will see a screw labeled 150 Those screw go all the way around. Grab your old gasket and peel it back, and you will see a retainer strip marked 115, you have to slip the new gasket behind it. So here is how you start, you do not have to take the screws completly out, just loosen them up almost all the way starting at the top, and then a 1/4 of the way down on both sides, and then stop there, and remove the gasket from the top, and a little on the sides, and then get the new gasket and slip in on the top, and then tighten the screws. Then lossen the screws all the way down on each side, and then pull the gasket out, and leave the bottom hooked up. Then install the sides of the gasket 3/4s of the way down, and tighten the screws. Then loosen the bottom screws, and remove the old gasket, and install the rest of the gasket. If you do it this way, and not take the screws out the liner will not come off, and it will be fool proof. Let me know how it goes. Tom
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply