Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cosomano  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2009 9:38:02 AM(UTC)
cosomano

Groups: Registered

I inherited this Frig for my garage and it came without the water valve.
I believe I have the right parrt # which is a newer part # 2006766.
The bracket does not line up properly. If I were to install it, it would be too large to clear the ground and the water inlet would be blocked by the bottom of the refrig cabinet.
Is there another bracket that I need or am I just dumb and not finding where it goes?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2009 3:09:58 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Now that is a nice refrigerator for a garage. The valve (AP3044061) looks to be the correct one. The best way to change them is to tilt the unit up on one side so you can remove the bottom plate and install the new valve to the existing water connections. With the roller assemblies, there should be plenty of room for the valve so I am not sure where you may be having difficulty.
cosomano  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2009 7:41:39 PM(UTC)
cosomano

I'm on the right track. I have the Frig tilted back and sitting on wood.
The front , bottom panel is off.

The 2 screw holes I see where I think it mounts to would block the inlet valve. The screw holes are in the front, facing up, around the middle of the frig.
Since it didn't have a valve, I don't know where to mount it.
Can you give me the location.
Does the electrical connections go on the top?
Does the water inlets go on the top?
Which way does the inlet (feed side) face?
Do I have to retro fit something to mount it? Is there another bracket that is missing?

Also, I see the electrical connections. They are color coded (biege & purple) and the spade connectors are different sizes. That is clear.
But does it matter which side of the plug I use. One side of the valve is biege and says 05 and one side of the purple says 08. The purple plug has a purple wire on one side and a white on the other. The biege has a biege wire on one side and a white on the other. Is one positive and one negative?

Thanks,
John
TechnicianBrian  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:28:24 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Do you have water lines near the electrical connections? The valve should be on the right side of the unit and sits upright. The electrical connections are different sizes and they are AC so you cannot put them on wrong. There should be a water connection from the filter outlet which goes to the valve inlet and then a couple water lines that connect to the valve outlet connections. There is usually a metal place that needs to be removed to get to the valve and is in place to protect the valve and water system from someone using a hand truck to move it. There should also be a couple of rails near the middle that holds the condensate plan in place. If you could take a picture of what you are looking at, I may be able to better understand what you are dealing with. My guess is you have more than just the valve missing because the valve placement is hard to get wrong given everything that connects to the valve.
cosomano  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2009 10:13:51 AM(UTC)
cosomano

Thanks for taking the time to help me.
I got together this morning with my buddy who is a little more experience than I.

We mounted the valve on the bottom rear of the Frig. It should be out of the way and OK. The only protected spot could have been on the right in the channel where the leg adjustment bar runs.

The valve is a replacement part for the original, which is no longer made. I believe that the mounting plate is oriented wrong and retrofitting is necessary. I also think that it is a bit larger than the original part.
At any rate it is in and working.

You may find this of interest.
When we got it together the water dispenser did not work. This either was why the frig was replaced or it broke when they moved it during the renovation. We were able to take off the panels and repair the micro switch for the water. A piece of plastice broke off that holds the switch in place. We were able to replace the plastic pin with a screw. With a small wood shim, a tie wrap and the screw we were able to hold the switch in position so that it lined up and stayed in place.

Thanks again. The Internet is great in that total strangers are willing to help each other. All that I can offer you is a big thank you and I wish you good luck in your life.
John
TechnicianBrian  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2009 1:51:40 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Glad to hear the worked out for you. The broken switch holder is not entirely uncommon and it sounds like you can up with a creative solution. Hope it all works out for you.
cosomano  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2009 10:17:56 AM(UTC)
cosomano

Hope I'm not a pest.

Now on to the door. Due to the weight, we made the mistake of taking off the door to transport it. Only the main door. Not the frezzer.

It does not close well. The seal is not that tight and the self closing is not really strong. I think either it needs adjusting or the spring is worn. I cleaned the gasket and glued the couple of little tears in it.

I'll take your previous advise and take a photo. Maybe we are missing a bushing or something is out of whack. Anything you can tell me in the mean time.

Thanks,

John
TechnicianBrian  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2009 10:42:39 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Take a look at the part breakdown for the door and see if all the parts you have are the same as what is listed. My guess is the cam assembly on the bottom hinge was not put back together correctly and is now not closing the door. Compare it to the freezer door for verification.
cosomano  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2009 11:29:25 AM(UTC)
cosomano

10-4
thanks
John
cosomano  
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2009 2:36:47 PM(UTC)
cosomano

I looked at the door and it looked like a washer was missing and the E clip that holds the spring in place was missing, so the spring was popping off. I installed the E clip and that problem is solved but after putting the washer on the door still does not close on it's own. It does close tighter than before. Unless I can get a larger view of the hinge I think I have to live with it.

On another front. If you remember, I had a problem with a missing water valve. It has been replaced and I have drinking water but after several weeks I just noticed that I do not have ice.
I read where I should let the water run for a while, I did. I read that if it is off for a while it may take time to reset. Any other trouble shooting ideas?
Thanks,
John
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply