Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kevin biddulph  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2009 9:36:26 AM(UTC)
kevin biddulph

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Gold side by side and I am getting water through the door water dispenser but is not getting the water to the ice tray, I replaced the water filter 1 month before it quite working! One of my questions is if the icemaker water inlet valve was to be bad would I still get water from the door dispenser? I do not want to replace parts that are not needed, could you please forward me on where I can start the trouble shooting the problem. The icemaker switch in front of the icemaker seems to be fine!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2009 10:53:12 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Start by making sure the black fill line above the ice maker is not frozen. If it is, then that is your problem. The water valve consists of two valves, one for the dispenser and one for the ice maker so yes, one side can be bad. It is more likely the water line if frozen or the ice maker isn't working properly.
kevin biddulph  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 7:57:54 AM(UTC)
kevin biddulph

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: TechnicianBrian Go to Quoted Post
Start by making sure the black fill line above the ice maker is not frozen. If it is, then that is your problem. The water valve consists of two valves, one for the dispenser and one for the ice maker so yes, one side can be bad. It is more likely the water line if frozen or the ice maker isn't working properly.

Thank you for the reply! I check the water line above the icemaker and no it was not frozen and I order the water inlet valve and replace it last night about 9:30 PM and still no water to the ice tray! Could there be a fuss or a relay that I can check?
TechnicianBrian  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 5:48:34 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

When you look at the ice maker, there are some fingers that move to harvest the ice and they should be at about the 2 O'Clock position, or pointed toward your forehead as you look at them. Make sure they are in the correct position and are not loose when you try and move them. Also, the red light on the right side of the freezer liner should be flashing a rhythmic heartbeat when the door is opened. As long as the water line is not frozen at the end, the ice maker module is the likely failure, but the control board can also be the failure. Check the stripper fingers and the light first. Then try removing the three screws that hold the panel on the right side which will remove the control board. Using an insulated paper clip, jump between the black, and black/white wires to bypass the electronics. There will be 120vac so don't touch the clip with your fingers. If the ice maker starts to work, you need a new emitter and receiver boards. If it doesn't, then we are back to the ice maker module.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply