Discuss

Freezer not getting cold enough

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Denman, the adaptive defrost board came yesterday and I attempted to pu it in ... but there are just a

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Freezer not getting cold enough

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 AM

jerry.kegelman@nasa.gov is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Denman, the adaptive defrost board came yesterday and I attempted to pu it in ... but there are just a few differences between the old and the new. It has obviously been redesegned, with about 90% of the connections being a direct and obvious fit, however there are a few minor thigs that at this point, I just guessing, for example, there is no Pink wire at all and the one from the old unit has a few extra things on it. there are a few others, but is there a manual that says what to switch and how to make up the differences? - Jerry K

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 06-15-2011, 04:57 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a glorious beacon of light

I could not find any info but I will post in the tech section to see if someone else has the info you need.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:02 AM

Thanks ... I'm looking over the schemstics carefully to see if there's an obvious thing that needs to be brough tover from what's there already ... but this pesky day job keeps getting in the way! - Jerry K
Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 PM

Denman ... any luck yet? The schematics you sent don't exactly match the replacement "Adaptive Defrost Circuit" I received, but I should be able to see what's different and rig it up to work ... wish me luck! - Jerry K
Old 06-16-2011, 02:44 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Good luck
Hopefully when you go to install it there will be no problems and everything will fall into place.

I did post in the Tech Section with a link to this thread so any reply will probably come directly here.
So far 4 people have looked at the post but no reply.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:10 AM

Well, Its Kinda-sorta Working, but not like it used to. I had (and still have) some difficulty making direct crossover connections. My suspicions started when the damper motor that drives the baffle dore between freezer and fridge had different color wires on it (red with black stripe and lite blue and nor gray and lite blue) then there was only one switch connection for the damper motor and not two, so I', left with leaving one or the other connected to the new adaptive defrost box, and I need to leave the other still connected to the old wire harness ... but which one? My fix so far has been to just leave the wire off the damper motor, stopping it mostly closed. and I might fuss with it leaving it more or less open until the temps are OK, but this is somewhat of a Rube Goldberg fix and not exactly right. and as a certified NASA Nerd, I want it right!!!, so some further guidance is needed! (is it possible they sent me the qwrong Adabtive Defrost board?)
- Jerry K
Old 06-17-2011, 03:02 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

I doubt it is the wrong board.
It is supposed to be a universal kit and probably fits lots of older units.
I just wish I could find some info on it, as it is unusual that they do not include an install sheet.

I am off to the cottage for a few days so will be unavailable.

Perhaps try a new post about install help for this kit perhaps then someone will jump in with some fresh info.