Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TommyDee  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2009 9:58:16 AM(UTC)
TommyDee

Groups: Registered

The water dispenser drips water after dispensing (ie after filling up a glass of water, water slowly drips out of the dispenser tube). I suspect this may be the solenoid valve located in the back of the freezer on the bottom right hand corner of the unit that the water inlet line goes into. What do you think and do you have the part number for the part that may be culprit. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:30:02 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

The valve (AP2115312) indeed may be the problem. Also, if you changed your water filter very recently, it is possible the air trapped in the line could be causing the problem. But if that isn't the case, then a valve not seating closed is the most likely cause.
TommyDee  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:01:31 AM(UTC)
TommyDee

Brian- the AP2115312 part that you reference in your response to me is different from the one than the one I see in the back of the freezer in lower right hand corner near the motor/fan assy The solenoid valve part I see is the one that the the main water input line gets connected to and only has one two-pint connector wire harness attached to it. The one you call out has two solenoid valves each with a two pin connector. So is the part you reference located somewhere else on the freezer or is it a different part than the one I am referring to? When I scanned the parts lists on this web site I came across AP2115350 that resembles the part that I referenced above. Sorry for the bother. Appreciate your help here. Just want to make sure I purchase the correct part. Thanks again. Tom
TechnicianBrian  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:46:59 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Hey Tom,

The valve you see is the inlet water valve where water enters, goes to the filter assembly, then back to the dual water valve I referenced above. That valve is located behind the inlet valve and it is used to provide water to the dispenser and the ice maker. When each of the dual valves is powered, so will the inlet valve. It's more likely the dual valve is letting water move because it is on the output side of the water system. I would still make sure you don't have air in the water line before replacing the valve(s) because with the inlet and outlet valve system, it is unlikely both will begin to leak allowing water to slowly migrate to the dispenser.
TommyDee  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:37:49 AM(UTC)
TommyDee

Thanks, Brian. Since the water filter has not been replace I suspect the dual valve is the problem. I'll replace this part and see what happens and let you know. Thanks again. You are a huge help.
TechnicianBrian  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:24:24 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Glad I could help.
TommyDee  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2009 5:22:36 AM(UTC)
TommyDee

Hey Bri-

I found the AP2115312 water valve on my refrigerator and noticed that the two output water lines that go to the ice maker and the water dispenser are just pressed on the output stems of the valve (ie they are not held on with a nut). However, the AP2115312 valve I see on the appliancepartspros.com web site shows that there are nuts going over these output stems and the stems are a larger diameter than the ones on the part (and larger diameter than the lines themselves) that is on my refrigerator. So does this replacement valve come with the knurls that I think I'll need to put on the hoses in order to use these securing nuts or do I need to buy these separately. If so, can I get a part number. Sorry to keep bothering you with this. Appreciate your patience.
TechnicianBrian  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2009 5:33:31 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

The new valve should be the updated version using compression fittings instead of the screw on connectors. You should be able to cut the ends of the lines off square and insert each one into the appropriate fitting until it stops. Then a slight tug on the line should ensure it is secure. To release from the fitting, push in on the water line, while also pushing in the plastic clip on the end of the fitting, then pull the line out. These are common on new valves to limit the chance of leaking and limiting the total number of joints in the water system.
TommyDee  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 1:00:04 PM(UTC)
TommyDee

Brian- I replaced the AP2115312 water valve and still had the same leaky water dispenser problem. So I began to look for leaks in the water line to see where air may be getting trapped in the line. Lo and behold I found a leaky splice connection at the bottom of the freezer door that. I fixed this splice connection and the leaky dispenser problem was fixed. So you were right with your first suspicion of air being trapped in the line as the cause of the problem. Just wanted to share this with you for future reference. Thanks.
TechnicianBrian  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 4:16:14 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Great work. Glad I could help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply