Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ncDuke  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2011 8:48:06 AM(UTC)
ncDuke

Groups: Registered

Hi, not sure if my last post made it to the forum, but will post a much shorter question this time just in case it did?
Long story short, ready to purchase another IM for my Whirlpool Conquest side by side.
I've gone through this thing forwards and backwards,,,several time,,,replacing thermostat and generally disassembling and reassembling, jumping to try and start the motor,,,to no avail!
My question is: during ONE of my disassemblies, I realized there was a small, 3/4" white plastic screw laying in the mix, kinda stuck under a part of the circuitry.
I've no idea where this goes, or what it does! It's slotted and has a flat flang molded at the top, just below the head.
Sorry, no other way to describe. Has anyone seen this screw and where it might go and what it does? As best I know, this small screw is the only plastic screw inside the motor housing!
I'd hate to purchase a new IM because of what I believe is motor failure, when knowing my luck, this screw is the only thing keeping me from ice heaven!
Thanks in advance for any assistance...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.