Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnaudio1  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2011 5:14:48 AM(UTC)
johnaudio1

Groups: Registered

Please tell me how to remove the large square cover for the ice and water dispenser on the front of the freezer side without breaking the plastic away. I do not see any screws - must be clips hidden inside.
I need to see why I have no lights and no water nor ice.
Thank you very much. JohnZ
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

craas6  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 7:35:18 AM(UTC)
craas6

Sorry I don't have an answer but I can commiserate. I have the same issue with a built-in Kitchenaid. I removed the handle and slid out the top front panel but wasn't able to see any obvious way to remove anything else to get a look. I found that if I turn the light switch on and give a good whack to the door right above the dispenser it will come on along with the ice and water. I open and shut the door a few times and it goes off again. I assume it is a loose connection in a wire harness? Let me know if you make any progress. In the mean time, try a good well-placed thump.
johnaudio1  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 5:39:21 PM(UTC)
johnaudio1

Don't let them sell you a new panel. The wiring harness was the issue on BOTH of the units I have in my rental units. Find the way to reconnect by removing the whole panel.
craas6  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 3:57:00 AM(UTC)
craas6

So did you figure out a way to access the wiring? The only way I could figure was to remove the entire inside door panel with the shelving. Looks like about 30+ screws that would need to come out inside of the rubber molding. Appreciate any help.
johnaudio1  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 9:29:36 AM(UTC)
johnaudio1

I have not had time to remove the inside of the freezer door. I had thought that would be next. Thanks for the comment it gives me confidence. If I get time next weekend I will post - if you get your door off earlier then please post. You know I have talked with all my rentals. I have now three freezers where the exact same thing is happening. I believe that whirlpool has a huge problem. They have placed a defective clip or wiring harness in place and many doors with outside despensors are not functioning after a few years of use. I am done with out side door dispensors! I am done with whirlpool!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply