Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hooliek  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 3:10:03 PM(UTC)
hooliek

Groups: Registered

After apparently diagnosing and repairing my ice maker, which included ordering a new control module and water valve, I am again without ice.

About a month ago, my ice maker stopped working. It was not getting water. I thought is was the valve. I ordered and replaced the valve, and this did not resolve the issue. I then ordered and replace the control module, which seemed to fix the problem. Ice maker was working fine for a month, until last night. I heard the gears trying to move, which wasn't new as occasionally a cube would get jammed and I would have to remove it for the ejector to complete it's cycle. This time small cubes appeared to have been ejected, but then fell on the back of the tray, freezing again to the tray, causing the ejectors to jam.

I removed the entire ice maker, melted all ice, and re-installed, hoping it was a hiccup. I left for work and upon my return, found no change. No water in tray. The arms are currently in a 6:00 position, and when I push on the door catch, the red LED remains solid.

How can I determine if this is a warranty issue on either the water valve or the module? Or is it the melting component of the tray?

Tired of no ice. Please help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.