Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
boschoff  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 10:07:47 AM(UTC)
boschoff

Groups: Registered

My side x side runs 23.5 hours a day. Cools & freezes normally so I suspect defrost timer. Cant seem to be able to remove it without breaking it. Took screws out, removed lamp, but still stays. Any help? Or other suggestions as to why it runs all the time? Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 3:15:10 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for RS22F8WV models | AppliancePartsPros.com

I could not find any tech info on this unit so the following is not specific to your unit.
Sorry but I do not know the trick to remove the cover often you have a screw/s and the the cover will slide in a direction to release some clips.

Check the temperatures.
Freezer should be 0 to 5 degrees F.
Fresh food should be close to 40 degrees F.

It does not sound like a defrost problem to me.
If it was a defrost problem you do get constant compressor running but the temperatures in the compartments will rise. First in the fresh food and later in the freezer.

From what I can see the unit does not have a condenser/compressor fan so check/clean the condenser coils.

If OK remove the cover from inside the freezer so you can see the evaporator coils.
If they are heavi9ly iced/frosted over then you have a defrost problem.

If there is just frost in one area (usually where the freon enters the coils) then you are low on freon and this will be an expensive repair as you will need a pro. Be sure that you let the unit runs for a couple hours before doing this, if you check shortly after a defrost cycle there will not be any frost.

See the example pictures one, two and three part way down the page in #20 in the following link.
http://www.applianceaid.com/refrigerator.html
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply