Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hoping4help  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2009 11:44:24 AM(UTC)
Hoping4help

Groups: Registered

I have a Hot Point HTS22GBMARWW serial number za306547 that won't stay running. I was able to get the freezer running by turning the temperature setting dial. The problem started when we didn't realize the refrigerator wasn't running for a few days and all the food was spoiled in both the fridge and freezer. This is a top freezer model. I have read that this could be a overload/relay problem but I honestly am not sure.
Any suggestions of were I may start to fix the problem?
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2009 12:53:56 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

it will most likely be your mother board. the part # is wr55x10552. it is located on the back side of the refrigerator, behind a metal panel. tom [url=]applianceeducator.com - parts[/url]
Hoping4help  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 10:28:27 AM(UTC)
Hoping4help

Groups: Registered

Well I replaced the computer board and I still can't get the refrigerator to fire up? I clean the condenser b/c that was pretty dirty. The computer board looked different then the old board, however I am pretty sure its the correct board and I installed it to match up with the letters and numbers on the board. Do I need to leave it plugged in for 20 minutes or so before it may fire up or do I know have another problem? I don't believe theres any fuses in this unit, and I get no clicking sounds or any sounds from the rear of the fridge?

Any ideas?
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 1:53:58 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Hopefully the board came to you in the defrost mode. If not, and you here no clicking from the compressor, and the fan is not on, The only other thing that I believe it could be is the overload and relay kit. WR07X10055, Wr08x10015. Let me know what is going on. Is the fan running in the freezer? Tom
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply