Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
azspeedbuggy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:12:10 PM(UTC)
azspeedbuggy

Groups: Registered

Samsung, side by side refrigerator, Model number RS2545SH. no drinking water? replaced filter, no change. Ice maker still makes ice and you can hear the water refilling ice tray as needed. about a week ago, same thing happen, I inserted a wire up the water dispensing hose about 12 inches and somehow water started to flow. this time, I insert almost 36 inches of wire and negative results. I don't think the water is frozen in the tubing because I get water to the ice maker. any help would be great. thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dek1000  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2010 6:42:04 AM(UTC)
dek1000

It might be due to the water tank freezing up in the lower back area of your refrigerator (behind the pull-out drawers). It's a white plastic tank. There is a water tank heater that keeps this from happening, and that might be your problem. A new heater is around $20.

I've heard of a part that you can buy that essentially gets rid of the cold water tank by bypassing it. Of course, the water will be filtered but not cold. May not be what you want! The best view of the parts can be found by looking at the diagrams here: Refrigerator compartment replacement parts for MAYTAG RS2545SH Ref - Sxs | AppliancePartsPros.com

These diagrams show more than the Service Manual, which is here (for a unit that's close enough): http://www.servicematters.com/m...library/docs/SAM0060.pdf

Keep us posted on what you discover. There are a lot of us owners of the RS2545SH!
azspeedbuggy  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2010 7:19:12 AM(UTC)
azspeedbuggy

the problem first was fixed by replacing the "heater" by a professional, solved the water tank from freezing and the water dispenser was working....for awhile, then after a few days the water dispenser stop dispensing...problem was the cover for the heater was warped and damage from the previous freezing issues, it would not seal the area around the heater, which cause the tank to freeze again...required a replacement cover. No problems since the replacemnet of the cover. total cost was around $250
dek1000  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2010 8:09:20 AM(UTC)
dek1000

Sounds exactly like my problem, so your experience (and solution) will have helped me a lot on this once I buy the parts. (I'll first check the continuity of the heater just to make sure that it's the reason it's not working; otherwise, it would be voltage going to it.) I would have missed something like the cover not sealing correctly. Thanks!
eyeu81  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:20:17 AM(UTC)
eyeu81

Originally Posted by: azspeedbuggy Go to Quoted Post
Samsung, side by side refrigerator, Model number RS2545SH. no drinking water? replaced filter, no change. Ice maker still makes ice and you can hear the water refilling ice tray as needed. about a week ago, same thing happen, I inserted a wire up the water dispensing hose about 12 inches and somehow water started to flow. this time, I insert almost 36 inches of wire and negative results. I don't think the water is frozen in the tubing because I get water to the ice maker. any help would be great. thanks!

This was first symptom that we had, next (about 2-3 days later) refig would not cool even though it says it is 34 or whatever because the temp probe was embedded in ice forming in evaporator. I replaced probes, water heater, defroster and keeps coming back. It was so frozen that had to wait until ice thrawed to get back panel off since ice was in styrofome. If you let it defrost by unplugging for a day or two it will work again until it freezes again.
Check temp with thermometer, I used outdoor wireless probe if it is high then probably same problem, if it is still cooling it may just be water heater which is taped to panel to help keep it from freezing, unsure of part number.

Hope this helps, Samsung has been the pitts, no help at all.
Rick
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply