Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeff1234  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 12:31:35 PM(UTC)
Jeff1234

Groups: Registered

I have a GE profile that blinks "HRS" and has interior lights. Nothing else works. After some research I called GE and they sent me a new mother board. I installed it to specs and nothing has changed. All wiring Harnesses seem good and tight. Start cap is good. Didnt test comp overload, but the condenser fan doesnt work as well.

Any help would be great.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:08:38 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
1/ Always check the fan motors (both the evaporator and condenser) for shorted windings. If it reads less than 1 Kohms between the white to red or white to yellow wire, the motor is shorted and has to be replaced. A shorted fan motor will damage the replacement main board.

2/ Unplug the J2 connector from the main control board. Check for 13 VDC at the control board pins J2-3 to J2-8 and 8-13 VDC between pins J2-3 and J2-4.

2a/ If there is no voltage presents at the J2-3 and J2-8 pins, unplug the J4 connector from the main control board. Check for 12 VDC at the control board pins J4-2 to J4-3.

If there is correct voltage reading, replace the dispenser control board.

If there is no proper voltage, the main control board is bad.

2b/ If there are correct voltage readings, then at the evaporator fan motor connector, check for 13 VDC from the red to white wire and 8-13 VDC from the white to yellow wire.

If the voltage is correct for both, replace the evaporator fan motor.

If the voltage is incorrect, there is a problem with the wiring between the main control board and the evaporator fan motor.

3/ If the voltage reading at the control board is incorrect, then the main control board is bad.

- The evaporator fan motor Part number: AP3875639
Part number: AP3875639

- The condenser fan motor Part number: AP4265957
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply