Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DEMETRICK  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2007 7:37:44 PM(UTC)
DEMETRICK

Groups: Registered

My Roper RS22AQXKQ00 side by side leaked water from the freezer section,
I unplugged it for a while and plugged it back in and now it just will not get cold enough for my frozen foods. The ice maker will not make any ice either.
I am pretty sure the water was coming from the ice-maker area. Can some one help me with this?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kooler  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 2:00:55 PM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

Suggest you get a couple of thermometers to place in the fridge&freezer so you know what temps you're getting with each... See if the compressor is shutting off prematurely before reaching customary temps... Next check for an ice buildup on the evaporator coil behind the inside back wall of the freezer compartment... If there isn't any my guess from 4K miles away is a defective defrost end t-stat (AP3950837)... I just ran into one of these 3 weeks ago on what looks like a similar model... This goofy fridge worked fine when I showed up on 3 different visits but the 4th was when it was finally caught opening the cooling circuit prematurely... Without a cold enough freezer you're going to have ice melting and running out of it... Good luck, kooler
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply