Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tambo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2007 3:45:48 PM(UTC)
tambo

Groups: Registered

My freezer does not stay at a consistent temperature. The fridge seems to be fine. After I empty the ice tray, everything seems fine but after a day or so the new ice in the tray slightly melts together and the contents of the freezer get soft. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

okbobcats  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 3:20:24 AM(UTC)
okbobcats

Groups: Senior Expert

Make sure that the heater under the icemakeer is going off. You could have a icemaker that is sticking sometimes
kooler  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 4:15:45 PM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

These kinds of problems can be difficult to diagnose, suggest placing thermometers (AP3549145) in the freezer and fridge so you're not guessing what the temps are... The tricky part is to observe what's happening when you find the freezer temp up higher than normal... You shouldn't ever have soft product so something is causing this rise in temp.. Once I made 4 trips to a fridge before I finally found the condenser fan not running when it should have been... Everything checked out fine the first 3 trips...
Your model does have the accumulative defrost control so the timer only advances when the thermostat is calling for cooling... Try replacing the defrost end thermostat (AP4071978) first if this problem continues.. Good luck, kooler
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply