Discuss

Water Inlet Valve issue

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

I installed a new water inlet valve because the old one was leaking. Now the ice maker water runs whenever

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Water Inlet Valve issue

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 05:58 PM

StevenClay is on a distinguished road
Default Water Inlet Valve issue
Brand: GE   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I installed a new water inlet valve because the old one was leaking. Now the ice maker water runs whenever getting water through the door dispenser. It seems like the new inlet valve is defective. Could that be it?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 05-20-2011, 11:41 PM

keeper is on a distinguished road

Man I wish I knew for sure, and to be able to give back and help out

I think I have a bad inlet valve myself, I have no water at all.

Apparently no one else knows as well....

So when you access water from your cup dispenser the ice dispenser flows water also? I would make sure you have like for like valves and its plugged in correctly?

Obviously I have no experience but do want to help..... we all give where we can.......

keep us posted.......
Old 05-23-2011, 10:54 AM

Default Still Puzzled

I'm pretty sure things are hooked up correctly. To test the connections I re-connected the original inlet valve. It displays the same problem, water flows to the ice making tray whenever the door water dispenser is used. It must be some other problem that we just didn't notice before, we don't use the water dispenser often.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:04 AM

is it possible to cross connect the wires?
I know on my inlet valve there are two electrical connections, is it possible they are wrongly connected?
Old 05-24-2011, 08:05 AM

That sounds like it would cause it to act this way. I had been a little confused on the water line connections but I thought I had been careful with the electrical connections. It's worth a try though. Thanks for the idea.
As far as the water line connections, the line to the ice maker and the line to the water dispenser are different sizes so those are for sure right. The one I may have mixed up are the ones to the filter, but I don't really think it matters, one goes to the filter and one returns so as long as the water is flowing, does it matter which is which?
Old 05-24-2011, 10:14 AM

I would imagine it would, there certainly has to be some one in this collective forum with more knowledge on this then myself.... try it and let us know..
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.