Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ryan80  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2009 7:51:25 AM(UTC)
ryan80

Groups: Registered

Yesterday my water dispenser stopped working, then thismoring I noticed that the fridge was at near room temp and the freezer was starting to thaw. I pulled it out and disconnected everything. I let it sit for a few minutes, pulled the cover off the back and plugged it in. The comperssor came on and the condensor fan came on. The evaporator line out of the compressor got cold and the condenser line into the compressor got warm. I opened it up and noticed that the evaporator fan was not running. By the time I got back around to the compressor, I noticed that both of my lines on the compressor were close to room temp. I cleaned off the condeser coils and am letting it thaw, I noticed some ice build up on the bottom part of the freezer.

I don't know if maybe I'm low on freeon or if I lost my evaporator fan. Any ideas about what might be going on?

Thanks for any help yu can offer.
Ryan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.