Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tommy61944  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 6:08:26 PM(UTC)
tommy61944

Groups: Registered

We had water come up in our basement a few months ago. About 6 inches worth and the freezer has run fine until today. The temp was 40 degrees and the freezer was not running. When the thermostat was rotated there was a sizzling sound and further investigation reveals that the freezer runs fine but the thermostat is bad. I have located a new part but I am puzzled as to how to remove the old part. In particular the capilary tube that runs up into a hole in the wall of the cabinet. I have removed the putty from around the hole and can move the tube about a half inch up and down but otherwise it does not come out. The freezer is a cold wall design and I am afraid that the tube wraps around the evaporator tubing inside the wall. If the tube does come out is it just a simple matter of poking the new tube up in the same hole? Help Please.
tommy61944 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0916.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.