01-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Intermittent loud humming noise
Model Number: ED5VHGXML10 Brand:
1 - 5 years
Once or twice a day, my refridgerator starts making this LOUD humming noise. (Can hear it from bedroom on other side of house.) A few minutes later it stops.
If I want to replace starter relay, what is part number? Is it AP3083556 (relay, overload, and cover kit)?
Whirlpool diagram is a little confusing because it lists many individual parts and kits. (e.g. cover AP3064545, overload AP3040426, starting device kit, compressor : AP3885081, and relay start AP3601983.) Will kit AP3083556 serve my needs?
- Intermittent noise has been happening for about a month. Earlier this week, it was happening every hour or so, but last few days I haven't heard it at all.
- Other than the noise, the refridgerator seems to be functioning fine.
- It's a WhirlPool (ED5VHGXML10) and about 5 years old.
- I can also force noise to stop, by turning the cold control in the refridgerator side lower and higher.
- Ice maker is off.
- Repair man came by and could not reproduce. He said it is likely the starter relay about to go bad, but couldn't be sure without hearing it.
Ads By Google