Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
clarencew  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2009 9:45:46 AM(UTC)
clarencew

Groups: Registered

Once or twice a day, my refridgerator starts making this LOUD humming noise. (Can hear it from bedroom on other side of house.) A few minutes later it stops.

• Intermittent noise has been happening for about a month. Earlier this week, it was happening every hour or so, but last few days I haven't heard it at all.
  • Other than the noise, the refridgerator seems to be functioning fine.
  • It's a WhirlPool (ED5VHGXML10) and about 5 years old.
  • I can also force noise to stop, by turning the cold control in the refridgerator side lower and higher.
  • Ice maker is off.
  • Repair man came by and could not reproduce. He said it is likely the starter relay about to go bad, but couldn't be sure without hearing it.
If I want to replace starter relay, what is part number? Is it AP3083556 (relay, overload, and cover kit)?

Whirlpool diagram is a little confusing because it lists many individual parts and kits. (e.g. cover AP3064545, overload AP3040426, starting device kit, compressor : AP3885081, and relay start AP3601983.) Will kit AP3083556 serve my needs?

Thanks,

Clarence

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.