Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
clerk147  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:16:34 AM(UTC)
clerk147

Groups: Registered

I purchased an upright freezer from Sears. The temperature indicator is on the inside. A indicator light of no power is on the lower outside. I noticed a small amount of water on floor in front of freezer. I cleaned it up, thinking it defrosted and had too much water. I checked inside all was ok. Three days later, I notice water again, and checked the inside, the indicater light had a backward 3 on it and I could not reset it. All the food had defrosted. The indicator light was on on the front of the freezer showing power I emtied the whole freezer and unplugged it. After talking to repair operator on the phone they suggested a power outage. Nothing in my home indicated that there was such a thing, my computer nor my clocks, etc. I plugged it back in and it has worked since. Should or can I put a surge protector on it?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 3:38:54 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I would do the best I could to find out where that water is coming from.

Quite frankly I think any freezer that shuts itself off after a power outage is a very poor design. Makes no sense at all. Check your operators manual to see if this is true.
I have a couple fridges at the cabin, we loose power at least 5/6 times a year, often when we are not there. If they shut down after an outage it would have cost me thousands of dollars in food over the past 20 years.

Sounds to me like you have a problem with the actual freezer.

I would get a service rep in under warranty.
If nothing else to document the problem. You could do this on the phone but make sure you get the name, phone extension etc. of who you are talking to.

The problem is intermittent so may be a pain to find it but insist that it is found and try to get the warranty extended for this problem.
Give them 3 shots at fixing it and if they cannot tell them you want a replacement unit.
Your warranty is going to run out and they will say tough luck.

You could put a surge protector on it just be sure it will handle 15 amps.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply