Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
djcarlitos@rocketmail.com  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:58:40 AM(UTC)
djcarlitos@rocketmail.com

Groups: Registered

I am helping my friends mom with her fridge. It is a side by side unit, GE model GSH25JSFR SS - I looked at the condenser and it was dirty, I was clicking it hoping it would help with the cooling problem because when I first looked at the unit the condenser fan would turn on and spin once maybe and then stop. The water and ice no longer work and the light dims. After cleaning the condenser I plugged in the unit and I heard a loud clicking noisy from a metal panel in the back of the unit. I took the metal panel off and found the control board clicking and the unit still did not turn on.

Is it possible that the only thing wrong is the control board? or could it be something else?

Where could I purchase it? I asked SEARS and they have it for about 150 plus tax and shipping. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

By the way the motherboard part I have is 0158-00-04
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:51:57 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: djcarlitos@rocketmail.com Go to Quoted Post
I am helping my friends mom with her fridge. It is a side by side unit, GE model GSH25JSFR SS - I looked at the condenser and it was dirty, I was clicking it hoping it would help with the cooling problem because when I first looked at the unit the condenser fan would turn on and spin once maybe and then stop. The water and ice no longer work and the light dims. After cleaning the condenser I plugged in the unit and I heard a loud clicking noisy from a metal panel in the back of the unit. I took the metal panel off and found the control board clicking and the unit still did not turn on.

Is it possible that the only thing wrong is the control board? or could it be something else?

Where could I purchase it? I asked SEARS and they have it for about 150 plus tax and shipping. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

By the way the motherboard part I have is 0158-00-04

DJ,

Yes the motherboard, is most likely the major problem, it controls just about everything, in that style refrigerator.

Order, and replace it, and I'm sure you'll be fine from there.

Part number: AP4436216
Part number: AP4436216

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply