Discuss

Noise and Flickering Lights

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

I have a side by side that just started making a noise when the door is open. The lights are

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Noise and Flickering Lights

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 05:54 AM

BrucenLynn is on a distinguished road
Default Noise and Flickering Lights
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a side by side that just started making a noise when the door is open. The lights are also flickering at a very low intensity, barely lighting the filaments. Unscrew the bulbs and the noise goes away. Sounds kind of like a relay hung up. I am comfortable working with electrical circuits. Any ideas? Everything else seems to be working fine.

Last edited by BrucenLynn : 01-18-2009 at 05:58 AM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 01-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

kayakcrzy will become famous soon enough

A model # will help know what you have. I was wondering if you have the model, that has the board in the bottom back next to the compressor. It is held in by two screws, and is inside of a white plastic case. Check it out. If not give us your model #. Tom ********************************************
Old 02-08-2009, 05:22 PM

CoachDave8503 is on a distinguished road
Default Same exact problem!

I have whirlpool side-by-side, Model GD55HAXZNQ00. Open the door one day and the light bulb was flickering at a low level and making a buzzing sound. I took the bulb out and the sound stopped. I thought is was bulb problem. I bought a new bulb, put it in, and it did the same thing? Any suggestions?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:33 AM

IowaBob is on a distinguished road

I have Whirlpool side by side Fridge freezer model GS6SHEXNS00, which has the same problem. THE buzzing stops with bulbs removed. My post is number 179608. Other places, posts seem to indicate this happens when the Electronic Control Board needs to be replaced. The part is much cheaper from Appliance Parts Pros.com Discount Appliance Parts – Appliance Repair Parts.
I'll likely order the part today, does this sound right?
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.