Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
grose70  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2007 4:48:40 AM(UTC)
grose70

Groups: Registered

Last week, I noticed that vegetables on the bottom shelf in my fridge were freezing (which happens on occassion) so I adjusted the temperature on the fridge side. About a week later, noticed that the fridge and the freezer side were progressively getting warmer and warmer. Adjusted the setting on the fridge side and there is no impact on the temperature, regardless of the setting. If you turn the thermostat to off, it does turn off but regardless of the number setting, things will not get cooler. Things are currently not staying cool on either side. Noticed a good amount of frost this morning on the back panel of the freezer. Took the panel off the back of the freezer and everything is frosted up underneath pretty good. Both fridge and freezer side have lights that work and the seals seem to be fine. The fan is running on the fridge side. Ideas on what needs replacing?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kooler  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 3:32:17 PM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

Well I'm not seeing any diagrams online to locate what's what on your fridge so you'll have to locate certain parts on your own to troubleshoot this problem... By now you've already removed the frost from the evaporator coil to get this thing back to refrigerating but it'll just ice up again... My first move with an ice up is to locate the defrost timer and manually place it in a defrost mode by turning the small dial gently by hand clockwise until you hear an audible click... Wait at least 35 minutes to see if the timer returns the system back to the refrigeration mode, if it doesn't, then most likely the timer is bad... While it's in the defrost mode (with the inside back cover of freezer removed) observe what's happening with the defrost heater(s)... Any visual signs of defrosting happening??? It's possible the heater or the defrost end control (or both) are bad but you'll need a voltmeter to determine this... Some defrost heaters are tubular glass with the heaters inside and one can easily determine these are defective because you can see where the heaters have burned... Defrost issues are usually inexpensive to repair so it's worth it to determine what's wrong and fix this unit rather than replace it... Good luck!
Admin / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2007 5:07:04 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Diagrams for Admiral (Mont. Wards) models are usually not readily available, but most parts are still available.

Here are some diagrams for your model: Unit compartment and Fresh food compartment. If you need parts info, post your question here or contact our Parts Department.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply