Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Adamk523  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2007 12:07:57 PM(UTC)
Adamk523

Groups: Registered

The ice dispenser on the freezer door will not run. The water dispenser works fine. I had the refriderator unplugged for an hour. Plugged it back in, and the ice dispenser no longer runs. I can't figure out how to get access to the motor. There are 2 screws where the motor is, but removing them does not allow you to remove it. It seems like ice melted and froze the motor. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fixxit  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2007 1:33:48 PM(UTC)
fixxit

Groups: Senior Expert

your model # would be helpful. would be in the refer section usualy around top shelf right hand or left hand side, though i have seen it across the top
jimb  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2007 4:49:06 PM(UTC)
jimb

I also have a kitchenaid but with a slightly different symptom: empty tray (no water dispensed). But I think that there is a common cause. The motorized mechanism that creates the fill-eject cycle is not stoppied in the correct location - In my case the nylon ejecting finger unit is stopped in the straight down position.

I have hot-wired the tan colored valve so I know that the valve works and there are no clogs in the water line.

I'm assuming that somewhere there is a simple timer/controller. But before it hunt that down - can I rule out the mechanism? Will a jammed mechanism keep the water from dispensing? Where's the best location to get to the motor wire harness - I'd like to hot-wire the motor to check for the jam.
barryiseager  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 4, 2008 9:57:44 PM(UTC)
barryiseager

Solution #2
posted on May 05, 2008
UserPostedImage

Use a cup of water and just fill the ice cube maker with enough water for the first batch and the sensor will then begin making ice again.
My ice cube maker stopped working after I changed the filter. After reading countless posts about wiring and defrosting and using a blowdryer into the fill line I emptied my freezer and fridge, then unplugged it. I got no results after two days. I finally just put some water in the ice cube maker (the metal ice cube tray below the white plastic fingers that forms the cubes) plugged it back in and closed the door for a few hours and it worked. I wonder if I needed to defrost the unit at all. It was working before I changed the filter, then the filter was full and stopped water from flowing (or decreased the flow dramatically anyway).
Good Luck
Barry Eager
carlso2  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:52:20 AM(UTC)
carlso2

I have one of these Superba side-by-sides with yet another problem. I am finding a frozen puddle of water on the floor of the freezer close to the door. When I shut off the ice maker, the puddle doesn't form again. So there must be a water leak, but it is simply not evident where it is coming from.

The model # is KSRS271HSS02 Mfg- 10/00

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.
Erv  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2008 4:26:02 PM(UTC)
Erv

i am going to try to hand fill the ice maker first and see if this works. then tomorrow i'm going to go and get a new filter and see if that is the problem. I have no water going to ice maker but water goes to dispenser.
lizinhingham  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:20:09 AM(UTC)
lizinhingham

Fixed it! Had the same problem with Kitchenaid Superba after thermostat failed, ice melted, dripped into ice dispenser motor assembly and refroze after thermostat was replaced. Fixed it by removing ice bucket, and thawing with blow dryer after removing cam assembly with the 2 screws under ice bucket and removing foot long rod under cam assembly (it seems rod is seated in well at bottom which collected the water that refroze). Removed as much water as possible with little paper towel on end of long probe. Had to run motor frequently for a while after that so any remaining water wouldn't prevent rod from turning as it refroze again. Good luck!
tlaj  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 7:56:03 PM(UTC)
tlaj

I seem to have the same issue with my ice maker. It just stopped working. The water to the front of the refrigerator continues to work. It's a model KSRG25FKWH03. I read the other posts and thought about trying the idea of filling the ice maker with water and see if it starts but I think mine is a bit different. Any thoughts on a fix for it?
webhale  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2010 5:54:33 PM(UTC)
webhale

Kitchen Aid Superba Refigerator mod# KSBS25INBL00. The ice will not dispense in cubes nor crush. The motor turns but in seems like the coupling is not long enough to catch the auger.

Any ideas on this problem?
Gene  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:58:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: webhale Go to Quoted Post
Kitchen Aid Superba Refigerator mod# KSBS25INBL00. The ice will not dispense in cubes nor crush. The motor turns but in seems like the coupling is not long enough to catch the auger.

Any ideas on this problem?

Remove the ice bin and inspect both couplings (#16 & #25 on the diagram).

- The coupling (#16) Part number: AP3136991
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply