Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wendymay  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:40:38 PM(UTC)
wendymay

Groups: Registered

We purchased this fridge used a year ago and for the first 4-5 months it worked fine. Then, we noticed everything in the freezer was thawing and the fridge was not cold. There was no noise coming from the back, so my husband gave it a bump, that started the motor, and after that it would stop every once in awhile, we would pound on the back and it would usually start working. We turned the temp controls up to max for both sides, it would still be "off" and thawed in the morning, or everything would be frozen. This fridge is a 2nd, in the garage fridge so we have'nt had an urgent need to repair it. This has been going on for months. Now the fridge is freezing everything due to the temp being set @ max, and hasn't stopped in a few weeks. If we turn the controls to normal that's when the problems arise. I read in an older post this may be caused by the temp controls being bad. Our temp controls are in the top back of fridge section. I hope I posted the correct model #. Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.