Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jonathanburk  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 12:51:03 AM(UTC)
jonathanburk

Groups: Registered

Posted prior but no response/reply - greatly appreciate any help.

Awhile back my fridge starting acting up by lower & upper getting warm then all then sudden would start working as normal? This resulted in water that gather on kitchen floor. So, after a few times and lost of my valuable foods called a local tech. Tech advised of Defrost timer & defrost thermostat. After components installed seemed as normal but again months later started acting up as above. So, I was really wondering if it was repaired properly or another underlying issue? Well, being -I can fix it attitude- decided to get a lil dirty. I had noticed that the back area was warm so removed back panel and soon determined that the condensor fan when tapped would activate so I kinda remember it working here and their which would be consistant with how the fridge would work then not?

So... I purchased the condensor fan motor and installed and of course questioned the original installation of the defrost themostat & defrost timers OEM parts and was able to fix the day he arrived thru me off so ordered the factory OEM and replaced his original work which after inspection was not clean as like how the factory plugs nicely with inter-locking splices.

So, after that the fridge did not work!!!! Arrgh. So, was left again to a tech whom told me it was the condensor relay overload and capacitor. Gave me a 95% certain. Well, I must admit that his fee to install a part that cost me $35 and 1-15 minutes for $260 bill made me buy $35 parts and install myself.

Can you believe that it still does not work. So, I gather that the original problem was the condensor fan motor which was intermittent then ended up getting hot over time then baked the condensor?!?!

The fridge blows air in both top/bottom and condensor motor/fan spins and hear the click sound? but still no cold....!!!!

HELP

If it truly is the condensor and a cost of $250 for that part aprox. what should an installation of this cost as looks beyond my level of experience. Is this truly the problem?

As by now pissed that I did not buy a new fridge - called Amana for a little support maybe in part or discount compensation but they told me good luck buddy.

So begging for advice-help.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.