Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Heatherdoll  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:34:31 PM(UTC)
Heatherdoll

Groups: Registered

I put my frige is more than 10 years old because I do not know when it was made.
The unit quit freezing/cooling. I did a web search and seemed that the starter ptc goes out on refigerators so I looked at mine and it was burnt and falling apart. I ordered a new one and recieved a kit that I had to guess on where the parts and wires went. The first part I installed was small and had holes for the pins on the compressor motor so I was pretty good with that. Next came the (what I can only guess) was the run capacitor with two wires hanging off of it. The smaller part has three prongs for wires(sorry don't know what they are called) one on one side two on the other I attached the two wires from the run capacitor to the side with two prongs. Next red wire I attached that to the prong that I saw on the compressor motor. the white wire that was left I attached to the new small part where there is only one prong for the wire.
I plugged it in and all seems to be functioning but after an hour still no cold air. What did I do wrong.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.