Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tykhul  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 9:26:39 AM(UTC)
tykhul

Groups: Registered

I ordered the following part from Appliance Parts Pros:
Tube - water

Part Number: AP3108776
Manufacturer's Number: 4388152 made by WHIRLPOOL
I only need to use the nozzle portion of the water dispenser tube. Do I have to install the entire part and take the refer door apart?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 1:33:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Why do you want to replace this part?

How did you find this part number?

Gene.
tykhul  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:04:18 PM(UTC)
tykhul

The only item I need to replace is the nozzle, which cracked and sprays water everywhere. The part number is from Appliance Parts Pros
pacaflva  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:54:32 PM(UTC)
pacaflva

It is all one piece - you can't easily split it up into parts. It's a shame they don't make the nozzle out of something stronger - the heat from the light bulb makes it brittle and then it breaks easily if you accidentally tap it with a glass or bottle while dispensing. I've already replaced this part once and the replacement is broken now - Depending on where it broke, if you cut the tip off cleanly, it will make a nice stream but will shoot out instead of down, but you can still use it with glasses. I got this model specifically because I like the nozzle for filling up water bottles, so I'll probably replace it again soon. I might try coating the nozzle part with epoxy or something stronger prior to installing it to see if I can keep it from breaking again. Coating it with foil might keep enough heat/light off of it so that it doesn't get brittle. I'm no expert on this so please take what I say for what it is worth - I'm simply an owner of a product which uses this part. I have moderate to advanced technical experience (my father was an electrician and general handyman/mechanic, and I work mostly with electronics and computer hardware) and the part was not too difficult to replace for me.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply