Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
texparamedic  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:34:53 AM(UTC)
texparamedic

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone, I have a GE side by side GSS22JETA that is having the typical defrost problem. My question is this. I replaced the thermostat and the defrost heater but in the process had to cut 2 wires (1 orange that runs from back wall to thermostat and 1 pink that runs from thermostat to the defrost heater) to get the new ones in. I still am having the same problem and I am wondering, was I supposed to "Seal" the connection where the new wires spliced together? I did cover the connection with a cover, for lack of a better name, but wonder if that's right. I have bought a new motherboard, but want to make sure that I did the first part right before putting the new motherboard in. Thanks for any reply. Paul
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.