Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scottr63  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 2:14:01 PM(UTC)
scottr63

Groups: Registered

I own the mentioned model. My water dispenser started free flowing water without activation. It will do this with or with the fridge plugged in. I know by research that the water solenoid could be stuck open. Heres my question....which water soleniod do I replace? part number AP2071735 or part number AP2071736? I should mention that the ice maker side of the fridge is functioning fine. Please help. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jerry L. Dunnahoo  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:11:42 PM(UTC)
Jerry L. Dunnahoo

Groups: Expert

Check the water supply line for crimps. The valve is closed by water pressure. If it starts dispensing at random times it could be a drop in water pressure (flushing the toilet, dishwasher water fill, etc.) causing the valve to open. If the water supply line to the unit isnt crimped, see if the water supply line is connected to the water supply with a self tapping saddle valve. This type of valve bolts onto the water line an has a needle which, when the valve is closed, protrudes into the pipe where the water line to the unit originates from the homes plumbing. This type valve tends to stop up with sedimentation and mineral deposits. Manufactures recommend the valve be removed and the hole is to be drilled out to 1/4 inch. As long as the valve can be reinstalled without a leak, it can be reused. =]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply