Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
leor3  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:46:23 AM(UTC)
leor3

Groups: Registered

i have a beverage air fridge that im having probles with, it works fine with out a heat load and sits at about 32 to 40 degrees, whith the compresser cycling on and off. i checked for leaks. nothing i let it sit for 3 days with no heat load and it worked great. but as soon as i put my load into it it wont go below 60 dergees. any ideas. thanks. this unit is just a fridge with a glass door also i checked the gaskets and they are ok
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:12:08 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
When it is loaded does it run continuously or does it still cycle on/off?

You did not include a model number so I am just guessing.
that this unit has a compressor etc.

Check/clean the condenser/evaporator coils.

Check the evaporator coils. If they are only frosting up in one area and the unit is running continuously then you may be low on freon.

If the unit has a condenser/compressor fan check that it is running.

If this is the case it will be an expensive repair as you will need a pro and there is no guarantee of a long term fix so it is usually better to put those dollars towards a new unit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
leor3  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:17:05 PM(UTC)
leor3

Sorry its at work and I dont have the model num with me. Evap.and condenser coil is clean when I did a pm on this unit. Condenser fan works fine also. Compresser cycles on about every 20 min or so and stays running for about 5 to 8 min then again. I migjt just replace it. I have charged it before and sodered 2 pin holes already about a year ago. I dont want to put guages on it because it only holds 6 ounces and it will all be in the hoses. Any more ideas. Thanks
denman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 12:53:34 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
That it is cycling tells us that either the compressor is overheating and kicking out or that the unit has a thermostat problem and thinks it is at set temperature.

You could monitor the voltage going to the compressor. If the voltage is there and the compressor is shutting off then it is a sealed system problem and probably best to replace the unit.

If the voltage is also cycling then it is a thermostat problem. Check that the end of the thermostat is in the correct location. Just a guess because it runs OK empty.

That it also cycles OK when empty but does hit set point temperature makes me lean towards the thermostat just wish I knew why.
very, very strange.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
leor3  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 7:16:37 PM(UTC)
leor3

Thanks I was think tstat also but I feel better about it. Thanks for the help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply