Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
handy40  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:58:27 AM(UTC)
handy40

Groups: Registered

I have trouble with the freezer rails frosting over. It makes it difficult to open and close. sometimes it has a build up of black grease at the bottom of the freezer. I have checked the seal and it is fine, what else can I do.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 6:53:35 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: handy40 Go to Quoted Post
I have trouble with the freezer rails frosting over. It makes it difficult to open and close. sometimes it has a build up of black grease at the bottom of the freezer. I have checked the seal and it is fine, what else can I do.

Handy,

First,

Check and make sure the refrigerator is level in both directions(front to back, side to side, a slightly higher front is OK).
Check your freezer temperature, you want an air temperature of 3 to 5 degrees F.
Check and make sure there are no obstructions, or things protruding from the back of the basket(s) keeping the door from closing properly.
Check the front door panel for level(vertically) and check the door seal for tight fit on all sides( top, bottom, sides) with a thick sheet of writing paper or dollar bill(there should be some slight resistance between the door seal and front flange, when you attempt to extract the paper).

As for the drawer slides, you want to remove the baskets, clean up the glide assemblies and walls, then liberally lubricate the metal glide assembly with "food grade" lubricant grease, (vaseline will work in a pinch).

I take for granted the upper fresh food compartment, is OK ?

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
fredss  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 12:18:33 PM(UTC)
fredss

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Handy,

First,

Check and make sure the refrigerator is level in both directions(front to back, side to side, a slightly higher front is OK).
Check your freezer temperature, you want an air temperature of 3 to 5 degrees F.
Check and make sure there are no obstructions, or things protruding from the back of the basket(s) keeping the door from closing properly.
Check the front door panel for level(vertically) and check the door seal for tight fit on all sides( top, bottom, sides) with a thick sheet of writing paper or dollar bill(there should be some slight resistance between the door seal and front flange, when you attempt to extract the paper).

As for the drawer slides, you want to remove the baskets, clean up the glide assemblies and walls, then liberally lubricate the metal glide assembly with "food grade" lubricant grease, (vaseline will work in a pinch).

I take for granted the upper fresh food compartment, is OK ?

Good Luck,
:) :) :)

how do you remove the freezer baskets
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 1:39:10 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fredss Go to Quoted Post
how do you remove the freezer baskets

Fredss, without a model number, that's a bit difficult but, in most "bottom mount" drawer freezer refrigerators the upper bins have tabs that align and slip into slots molded into the drawer glides. You grasp the bin in the front area on each side and lift the front up and out at an angle. The lower bin is easiest to remove if you remove the drawer glides first, then slide out as far as possible then lift the bin straight up and off the slide rail and out the opening. Of course, you've emptied the bins first.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply