Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikojay  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 7:47:49 PM(UTC)
mikojay

Groups: Registered

Monday morning, the sliding freezer cabinet came off its track. As we were already running late, I turned the freezer control (located in the upper refrigerator compartment) to the "off" position, then moved all the food to the freezer we have in the garage.

When I cam home, I returned the slider to working order, and turned the freezer back to the "4" position, expecting all to be well by morning- well, it's been a few days, and no change.

I really hope the compressor didn't keep running, even with the control set to "off" -it clicked, I swear it did! I hope someone has a few things I can try before I call the tech out. I just recharged the freon three months ago, and while I still have a long way to go before it's no longer "cheaper to keep 'er," my wife likes to be able to depend on having frozen and unspoiled food.

Happy New Year, all!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 8:04:03 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: mikojay Go to Quoted Post
I just recharged the freon three months ago

How exactly did you recharge the unit? Was the compressor & dryer changed?

Nat
mikojay  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 8:17:25 AM(UTC)
mikojay

Groups: Registered

No, and come to think of it, it may not have had anything to do with the freezer- it was the refrigerator compartment that was having trouble. The tech drained the ref line, and recharged it. No parts were changed.

Sorry to have added in a confusing detail- I was trying to give as much info as possible, and it didn't occur to me that these are separate systems.

Thank you,

Michael
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 4:30:18 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

That's ok, we don't work on SubZero units, but if that tech just added freon without finding where it leaked from, you will probably have problems again in the near future.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply