Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stripesjr  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:44:59 AM(UTC)
stripesjr

Groups: Registered

Currently the freezer is getting way to cold. I have it set to the warmest setting and the freezer is still at -10 F. About a year ago one of the kids left the freezer door open and the air channels into the fridge froze up. I unplugged the thing for a day and plugged everything back in at it worked fine until recently.

Is this something in the control board, defrost circuitry or something? I know it's weird that I'm complaining that the freezer is to cold but I'm worried about the energy use and I can't get my scoop through the ice cream :D
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:15:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Try to replace the freezer thermistor which is located on the evaporator cover. If it would not help, replace the control board (#5 on the diagram).

- The thermistor Part number: AP4008765
Georgia Boy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 10:45:10 AM(UTC)
Georgia Boy

After two years, suddenly my freezer went to almost –20F. I called a repair man and he wanted to replace control unit in top for about $250.00 I decided to try a few things on my own. Per instructions with the unit, I reset the FF Performance Adjustment on the freezer so it should be two numbers warmer as I already had it on the warmest “1”. Waited about a week with no results. What I finally did has fixed it. It seemed like the top unit was not getting enough air flow, so I pulled off the air vent cover or diffuser in the top compartment. When I did this, I could see that the damper control was opening and closing and that it was not frozen. I have left the cover off. Then I took furnace tape and cover 1/2 of the vent in the bottom freezer compartment to increase air flow to the top. Works like a charm now. Freezer stays on 0F and top at about 38F. with the controls on 4 & 4.

ccc
tobewan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:18:59 AM(UTC)
tobewan

I have Model ABB2224WEQ0 Amana fridge. I have had ice on evaporator coils and that was fixed by replacing the drain with the new P-tube (Part number: W10619951
Part number: W10619951
).
Recently, I noticed that the freezer temp was down about -19 when it normally hovers around 0, the proper temp. Fridge section still at 38. I adjusted the freezer temp setting with no change.
#1 - I power cycled the fridge to reset the electronics (switch breaker off/on is easy way, most houses have dedicated circuit for the fridge). That did not resolve it.
#2 - I went through the Jazz control board diagnostics to see if it registered a failure on the thermistor in the freezer. Everything passed.
After I did the diags, I noticed the temp had returned close to normal. I reset the temp control to 4 (the recommended setting) and the freezer temp is now back at 0 where it is supposed to be. Fridge still at 38.
So if you have a freezer that is not maintaining temp, you might try just running the diags.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply