Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
longbay102  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 9:14:15 AM(UTC)
longbay102

Groups: Registered

I had a problem with the fridge about a month ago where both the fridge and freezer weren't working. I used the screwdriver on the defrost timer and then it started to work. I let it run for a month and the fridge part doesn't get very cold even at the coldest setting. The freezer works just fine. I just replaced the defrost timer thinking that was the problem but the fridge still isn't getting any colder.

I've just checked the back wall of the freezer and there is frost on it. Could this have been caused be my using the appliance for the last month with a faulty defrost timer? Is it possible that I caused something else to go wrong by not replacing the defrost timer right away. If I just uplug the refridgerator for awhile would that fix it?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.