Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NissanGTRtechnician  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:34:02 AM(UTC)
NissanGTRtechnician

Groups: Registered

Ice tray was twisted and I accidently broke the level arm. I replaced the ice maker and for about a week it produced ice now the maker is over filling. Is there a computerized timer not allowing the ice tray to heat and drop ice? Ice bucket gets frozen solid with ice and denspencer chute iceing. Or is this a water Valve issue? Should I buy a $28.00 service manual. Is there a way to display trouble codes? Samsung side by side dual cool with ice and water in the freezer door Model # RS2555SW/XAA
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

NissanGTRtechnician  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2008 5:04:07 AM(UTC)
NissanGTRtechnician

I still haven't any responce to my previous post. Any appliance repair technicians know hot to get the Samsung Ice maker back to working properly. Seems as if the ice tray does not heat to dump then another water cycle over flows into the ice bin. Next the despencer door gets stuck and warm air gets into the cabnet. I have already installed a new ice maker. Is there a diagnostic procedure? Or do you all think I need a control circut board?
NissanGTRtechnician  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2008 12:58:19 PM(UTC)
NissanGTRtechnician

I received no answer on this site and Googled Samgung ice maker and found out the ice maker support is suposed to twist the ice tray to allow the ice to fall out. So if you see plastic parts off of the ice maker support and ice building up in the tray and wonder what the heck? I broke the level arm on my ice maker and replaced the maker but failed to replace the ice maker support. Hopefully this is why my ice maker does not empty before the next water cycle.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2008 9:55:59 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Samsung recommends to replace the main control board together with the ice maker.

- The part number for the control board is AP4139083

Here are the break down diagrams for the Samsung refrigerator Model RS2555SW

Gene.
NissanGTRtechnician  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2008 2:16:49 AM(UTC)
NissanGTRtechnician

Thank you Gene sounds logical. That is what you get when you have a Automobile Technician working on a refirgerator anyway. I already have a ice maker support on the way my Samsung's support is broken. Thank You. :eek:
NissanGTRtechnician  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2008 2:25:58 AM(UTC)
NissanGTRtechnician

What do you understand the new PBA board does for the refrigerator incmaker or is it just differently programed? I found it in the back of the refrig cabinet inside a protective box. This Samsung was made for people who don't use much ice. Texan's use lot's of ice. Thanks again J.P.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2008 11:47:08 AM(UTC)
Gene

This board operates with all functions, including the ice maker.

Gene.
NissanGTRtechnician  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:28:58 PM(UTC)
NissanGTRtechnician

I noticed the big quad transistor driver with the heat sink on the control board must be the defrost switch and lots of complex intergrated circuits. Does this unit display trouble codes on the refrigerator panel or communate with a Service technician's lap top? Any way I will order the control board next week. Have to wait till Decembers pay check clears. Has the current economic conditions hurt the appliance repair business as much as it has hurt the auto repair dealership work? Tough times... thanks again J.P.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2008 6:24:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Keep us posted. Happy New year!

Gene.
NissanGTRtechnician  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2009 1:53:37 PM(UTC)
NissanGTRtechnician

Thank you Gene. The ice maker support did the trick the fill amount is just right even though I did not change the PBA board. It is the twist that does the trick. If the support twist stops are broken off that did not happen. Then the next fill over flowed onto the ice cube bin then out the chute and froze all over. Samsung used to not make ice as quickly as it does now that is a welcome suprize. We'll see come next summer if it keeps up with two people ice demand. This refirgerator never made enough ice before it seems as if it is doing better now. Thank You again J.P.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply