Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pgraham100  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:53:07 AM(UTC)
pgraham100

Groups: Registered

I am not getting water through the filter to the water dispenser. I am disconnecting the water filter base to inspect and replace it. How do you disconnect the two water liines (one input and one output) from the water filter BASE???

Also, on the water filter base, it appears there is a plastic mechanical spring loaded PIN on the intake side that allows water to come in to the filter only when the filter is inserted in place. This PIN appears offset from center. I don't know if my intake pin is broken off or not, it appears flush with the base receptor while the out-take side from the filter, the pin appears to be centered and extrudes a fraction of an inch so that only when the filter is inserted, will the filtered water go out. Can someone clarify what I should see if the base is working properly??? the base part # is AP3687338.
thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:03:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Are you getting water to the ice maker?

If you are then there is nothing wrong with the water filter or its base.

More likely the problem is a bad water dispenser solenoid on the water inlet valve. You can identify the solenoids by the size of the plastic tubes connected to them. The ice maker tube is 1/4" while the water dispenser tube is 5/16".

Check the solenoid for continuity.

If there is no continuity, replace the water inlet valve.

If the reading is good, check for 120 VAC to the solenoid while the water dispenser calls for water and post the results.

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP4298908
Shanemay  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:53:16 PM(UTC)
Shanemay

Changed filter. Filter filling up with good pressure. Can't seem to get water from filter back down to water control valve on bottom of fridge. Unhooked all lines (white line coming from filter, green line going to ice maker, yellow line going to door) at the water control valve. Pressed door control and can feel yellow valve trying do something, but even with white line connected or disconnected, no water flows from anywhere.

Seems like white line coming from filter is blocked somewhere. I blew through green and yellow water lines and could push air all the way through. Could my filter body be bad, or could the white line coming from the filter be blocked somehow?

Have been having trouble with freezer and had to defrost fill line for ice maker twice. Just the other day noticed that it looked like water kept running for ice fill and bunch of ice formed in back of freezer. Fan started making rackett, so i figured ice somehow got around fan.Had to take everything out and defrost all the ice. Fan sounded fine after, but now this?

I'm about ready to buy a new fridge, but I'm moving in a few months and will be buying s new one then. I need to figure this thing out. Any ideas Mr. Gene?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:06:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

Sounds like the water inlet valve has gone bad.

What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

Gene.
Shanemay  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:15:42 PM(UTC)
Shanemay

FRS23H7CW2. Thanks in advance.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:00:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

Make sure the water tank (behind the crisper drawer in the fresh food) is nor frozen.

The water inlet valve Part number: AP4298908
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply