Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeffress77  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 9:06:07 PM(UTC)
Jeffress77

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore SXS approx.. 2003/2004
Last week, it quit cooling/freezing. The lights and fan were on, but no compressor. I heard a clicking on the compressor, but it wasn't starting.
The condensor and cooling elements were fairly clean, and were fully cleaned within past 9 months. We vacuumed/blew out the entire system to a very clean, and after the compressor cooled down, there was no difference.

I removed the capacitor P/N #2169373 and I noticed it was burned in one corner and there was a black residue from a burn on the spade and on the capacitor bracket also.

I ordered a new capacitor, and it came in the mail today. We hooked it all back up, and let her run. Everything seemed great throughout the day...It started making ice, and freezing and cooling well. Then about an hour ago, I heard the clicking sound again, and the freezer seems to be losing its edge (condensation on what was previously frozen). I smelled a slight burnt smell like the previous burnt capacitor and I imagine the new capacitor burned up again within a handful of hours. Why would this be happening? Remedy? $30 capacitors are going to get pricey! Thanks!
-JJ
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.