Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EldonRC  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 1:11:07 PM(UTC)
EldonRC

Groups: Registered

My Frigidaire side-by-side is 7 years old and both sections still cool properly but the air circulation fan starts and stops virtually continously.If the fresh food section is disabled the thermostat for the freezer section operates the fan properly,it comes on and runs steady.If I enable the fresh food section by calling for lower temp. on the fresh food thermostat the fan goes in to its painful stop/start (apx 20 times a minute).My test with the freezer has eliminated the fan as the problem and in desperation I replaced the damper motor and flapper in the fresh food section so I'm sure of it.The only two control devices left are the fresh food thermostat and it seems to maintain a relatively even desirable temperature in the fresh food section leaving only an electronic "defrost control module" that everything seems to run into electrically. Question: What is causing my air circulation fan to cycle so rapidly upon call from the fresh food section for cooling? Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Eldon
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 4:41:07 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are the parts
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FRS23R4CQ3 Frigidaire/refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the wiring diagram
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/prodinfo_pdf/Anderson/240389613.pdf

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Question: What is causing my air circulation fan to cycle so rapidly upon call from the fresh food section for cooling?[/COLOR]
Bit of a guess but I would replace the adaptive defrost control.
The thermostat is a mechanical device so I do not think that it could switch on/off as rapidly as you describe.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
scottlindner  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:23:20 AM(UTC)
scottlindner

Did you solve this problem? What was the solution? I am having the same problem with our Frigidaire side by side, PN PLHS269ZCB3.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2021 5:11:16 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Was there a solution to this problem?

I have a Frigidaire Electrolux model PLHS269ZCB4 and I am having the evaporative fan motor going through start and stop every 2-3 seconds. I change the motor but the On/Off of the motor on the evaporative fan keeps starting and stopping.

Any help to this solution would be appreciated.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply