Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
txgal  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 11:08:05 AM(UTC)
txgal

Groups: Registered

The power went off at my house due to rolling blackouts. The power was off for approximately 30 minutes 2 times within a 5 hour period.

I unplugged the unit, took off the aluminum panel at the back of the freezer and melted what (little) ice bulidup was on the coils, then put the unit back together. The appliance was unplugged/off for 1 hour then plugged back in.

The freezer seems to be working as does the fridge area, and the green ExtendFresh light is on, but there has not been any cold air blowing from the freezer side to the fridge side thru the ExtendFresh hole between the freezer and fridge.

The air is cold in the freezer but does not seem to be as cold as before the power outage. Before the outage, at times, when I opened the freezer door, there was cold air that could been seen like vapors in the top area of the freezer.

What can I do to troubleshoot this and possibly repair. Also, the repairman that was out last year that dried off the coils mentioned a surge protector or some kind of apparatus that might protect the unit if there was a power surge or the power shut off and on repeatedly. Home Depot staff told me there was no such thing. Is there something I can purchase to protect my appliance and hopefully avoid future issues?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.